Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dream Client

I've been looking over photos of some of the design projects from last season, and a thought came to mind. What makes a dream client? It's always nice to have a big budget, but money often isn't what inspires creativity. For me, what gets my creative juices flowing, is having a client who can bring something essential of themselves to the table (pun intended). One of my favorite practices, when designing a table scape, is to incorporate objects from the client's possessions. Rooting through bookcases, cuboards, pantries, even the garage, can produce a treasure house of items.
One of my favorite dream clients had recently travelled to India and brought back textiles, jade beads, and a score of exotic objects. She decided to host a house party to share with her friends the food and feel of her trip, and asked my help in setting the stage. Here's what we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment